How do you shop? Do go online for your purchases or do you prefer to go into the store? According to CNN's Holly Firfer: although studies show that 80% of consumers still go into brick and mortar stores to shop, many of them start the process online. Which is why retailers are now marrying their online presence with their physical spaces.
"The same website that you were looking at last night on the couch while you were watching TV; it’s the same website that will be in that store. And if you said 'Oh I saw this,' you can go take a look at it, see the physical merchandise, and buy it there," Elo's Craig Witsoe explains.
Elo Interactive is one company putting touchscreen technology into stores so customers have a smooth transition from online to in-store. It allows retailers to sell
Don’t Choose a Hot Dog Over Filet Mignon
Everyone appreciates the finer things in life. There is no comparison between a Hot Dog and Filet Mignon, a Model T and a Porsche, or the basic functions of a POS and Digital Dining’s multifaceted POS. Get the most
- Trusted, Reliable & Proven. Digital Dining has been on the cutting-edge of hospitality point of sale since 1984. Solid, stable software that has been proven in the largest and toughest environments – operating in over 55,000 restaurants
- EMV Ready & PCI Compliant. Digital Dining was the first to become Heartland Secure, which combines three powerful technologies - EMV, Heartland end-to-end encryption, and tokenization.
- Flexible Hardware Options. Whether you choose stationary POS terminals, smartphones, iPads, or a mixture of the three, you’ll get full-functionality on any device you use (not a diluted version like the others).
- Unbeatable Local Support & Service. Not only will our expert technicians customize, program, and install your Digital Dining software solution, we’ll also help to train your management and staff – ensuring a seamless transition.
The Elo X-Series 15-inch, 17-inch, and 20-inch All-in-One (AiO) touchcomputers bring style, flexibility and functionality to point-of-sale (POS), point-of-information (POI) and point-of-service applications within retail and hospitality environments. Configuration customization, serviceability and performance combine to deliver touchcomputing that adapts to your existing hardware, software and connectivity requirements.
- The features you need. The TM-H6000IV multifunction printer offers all the functionality you need at your teller stations, fromhigh-speed printing of receipts, cashier checks and graphics to fast check processing, easy drop-in validation and superior slip handling.
- Best-in-class MICR accuracy. Epson’s TM-H6000IV MICR leads the industry with over 99.9% accuracy and now reads more of the check surface virtually eliminating MICR misreads.
- Unmatched speed. With thermal receipt printing up to 300mm/second, the TM-H0000IV is 50% faster than the TM-H6000III and its slip print speed is 120% faster
- Fast and easy validation. The TM-H6000IV features easy, fast drop-in validation for a variety of forms including checks, deposit slips and batch tickets.
- Reliability you can count on. With an MCBF of 96 million lines the TM-H6000IV is the most reliable in its class and all components are designed to last the lifetime of the printer.
- Reduced power and paper usage. The TM-H6000IV has the lowest power consumption in its class and offers print options that reduce paper usage for receipts up to 28%.
- Easy system integration. With our advanced Connect-It™ interface modules, the TM-H6000IV is compatible with the latest systems and many legacy systems.
- Backed by the leader. The TM-H6000IV features the quality and reliability that Epson is known for and is backed by Epson’s world-class service programs.
Congratulations to Russell Vannordsel for winning the 55" Toshiba Flat Screen TV during our 2015 Holiday Sweepstakes! Russell is the Director of Operations for R.L. Fridley Theatres Inc. Fridley Theatres owns and operates 22 locations/98 screens across Iowa and Nebraska.
“High volume restaurants sometime see problems, and problems don’t necessarily arise when the guests are not in the restaurant, but mostly arise at what seems the most inopportune time for the operators. Typically, things always magically go awry at 7:30 on a Saturday night - it never happens at 9:30 in the morning on Monday” states Katie Syracopoulos, Assistant Director of Operations at One Off Hospitality and a ReSource POS customer.
"We absolutely love working with ReSource POS; we have incredible support from them, whether it’s
during business hours or after hours; their response time is incredibly fast and we have very personal one-on-one support whenever it is needed. At One Off, we’ve experienced everything from very basic printer router problems to full system crashes and there are so many different outlets that ReSource has provided for us for that support. We not only deal with technicians at ReSource on the phone or via email, we have a lot of face-to-face time with them as well. That is one of the many things that separates ReSource from a lot of vendors regardless of what industry you’re in… it is a very personal touch.
ReSource is not only on top of their game in terms of their level of education and understanding of [POS systems], but everything from as early on as the installation process through the day to day operations - they are absolute masterminds. Even further, they’re real people working with real people and they go above and beyond in every situation in order to make sure that the job is done right.”
Gone are the days of only seeing linear barcodes, continuously trying to line up the laser just right, and manually entering numbers for poor quality or damaged barcodes that won't scan.
At ReSource, our growth is fueled by our passion and determination to provide the best in point of sale hardware, support, and customer service. It's sincerely heartwarming when we receive letters like the one below from John Busse at Epicure Bistro in Barrington, IL.
The Liability Shift
On October 1, 2015, merchants who do not use a chip card reader to process card-present transactions when a chip card is presented, can be held liable for any fraud that occurs as a result. In other words, after the liability shift takes effect, merchants who swipe chip cards instead of using EMV chip readers do so at their own risk.
You may be thinking, “But my customers don’t use chip cards, so why should I care?” The answer is simple. A wave is coming.
Over the years, ReSource Point of Sale (RPOS) has partnered with many industry-leading hardware manufacturers such as NCR, IBM/Toshiba, HP, and more, enabling us to continuously provide quality POS hardware, competitive pricing, as well enhanced customer service and technical support. RPOS is extremely excited to announce our newest partnership with PAR Technology, a POS system solutions company for restaurants, hotels, spas, retail, entertainment venues, and cruise ships.
Would you believe that pancake batter and chopped produce flying through the air, a pesky critter, or the wrong printer paper can all take down your POS hardware – and more importantly – SALES!!? We can! We see it every day when POS equipment is brought into our repair center!